
Max was a 12 week old puppy when Dan called me and said "can I have a dog?". I giggled at this because I have brought so many dogs home in our short marriage. "Of course!" Dan was working spraying homes for bugs when he bent down to play with the puppy. He was told the family could not keep him any more, so Dan picked him up, gave him a name and a new home. We had just shortly started playing the game flyball when Max came along, so started a life long training and a new love for him the ball.
He was an eager learner and always did his best. He started out so strong in flyball he was a great start dog that anyone could run. He helped train lots of new handlers young and old. I started to train him in agility but that did not go far for his love was for the ball. He loved the water and to play in the back yard with the kids. He was relentless and persistent when the kids did not want to toss the ball any more he would fallow them and drop it at their feet when ever they would stop. They would hide in the play house and he would find some way to get the ball in the house, the window or though the front door. Alway soft so not to scare them when bringing the ball back dropping it then backing up so they could pick it up. 10 years later he started to slow up in flyball but still barking till his turn, never giving up he ran his hart out. We will miss our family friend and he will always be remembered.



3 comments:
I'm soo sorry!
Awe I am so sorry Crystal! That was a great eulogy! He was a great dog!
Crystal I'm so sorry I didn't know until I checked your blog what a great sister-in-law I am. I hope your family is doing o.k. we love you guys!
Post a Comment