Thursday, July 29, 2010

My old boy Toby

So I feel inclined to tell you all what has been going on with my little dog Toby. In his old age he has been losing his eye sight so about 3 weeks ago he ran into the side of a open door and damaged his right eye. I took him to the vet and was told that he had glaucoma, was prescribed eye drops and sent on our way with the instructions that if it got worse to bring him back in. Well Tuesday his eye got very large and inflamed so I took him in the doctor was out of town and had a "sub" well she gave me some more drops but I did not trust her judgment in the back of my mind I wanted an different opinion, someone i knew and trusted. So I sent a photo to Casey (Andrea's new husband) and he said "it looks really bad." I panicked and asked Casey if I could bring him down to Vegas to have him look closer into it. Well Toby just got out of surgery and is doing well. The pressure in is eye was bad enough that it did irreparable damage. After doing blood work and making sure my 12 year old would make it though we made the decision to have his eye removed. Thanks to Casey and Andrea for being there for me Andrea came to the appointment with me and sat through the tears. Casey was reassuring and very confident in the decision that was made. He was swift to call me and tell me all is good, Andrea and him are even going to keep my boy till Sat. to make sure we have no complications.
All is good and I hope to have Toby a few more years.

No comments: